F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 13 15:21:22 UTC 2014

Am 13.06.2014 17:14, schrieb drago01:
> But we should not stop progress because what we have "works" ... we
> don't work on Fedora to
> keep things as is we want to improve what we have. (Just to be clear
> again that has nothing to do with the *name* of the things .... we
> just should not live in the past forever because something "works")

a never said anything other

*but* whatever is changed - the impact to the users has to be
minimized wherever it is possible and in doubt "works" is the
better state than "new but don't work here and there"

progress for me is things get better not only change

and i go so far that if you manage to make things better but
chnage the behavior for users where is no really hard need
to do so the bad impact rubs all the optimizing and things
which got better away

polish a codebase, make it faster and so on should be
completly invisible for the enduser and a good developer
don't need a hard impact on the users side to let him feel
that the developer did some work - the good developer knows
his work was fine if there is no feedback because nobody
had any troubles while the existing ones are solved too

you can rename internal functions, move code, use different
libraries all day long, but if it comes to command lines and
user interfaces (CLI params are a user interface) you need
always to be very careful