Cross-distro fossology instance?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 08:01:09 UTC 2014

I was wondering if anyone was considering cross-distribution fossology[1]
instance where we could share burden of license review with other
distros. I know at least Debian does comprehensive license reviews and
we could possibly deduplicate a lot of review time this way.

Note that I am not talking about doing whole package reviews in
fossology, just hooking up the license checking part there.

It's likely we'd need to clean up fossology a bit to be universally
usable for this use case, but it should be doable. Opinions,
suggestions...all welcome.

[1] http://fossology.org/

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Business System Analyst, Hosted and Shared Services

PGP: 7B087241