F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 17 18:22:26 UTC 2014

Am 17.06.2014 20:11, schrieb David:
> On 6/17/2014 1:59 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> Am 17.06.2014 19:26, schrieb David:
>
>> before you call others "zealots" you should ask yourself if you
>> are just only a ordinary user with his single machine or have to
>> manage *a lot* of machines, some of them even RHEL5/RHEL6 and want
>> consistency if a break has no good reason except "because we can
>> break what we want"
>
> You completely missed my point. The Fedora Devs have been working on
> this. The Fedora Devs want to do this. The Fedora Devs have said that
> they are going to do this. And when. Which means?

you made no point, you just insulted people taking care

> You, and others, are going to have to deal with this.  Bit*hing day
> after day does not appear to work here.

shut up all the time and suck any mistake with love also

>> go out and work professional with IT systems and responsibility
>> and you react completly different to un-needed braks because you
>> have better things to do than "change for the sake of change"
>
> As for "work professional"? I use computers everyday. 45 years ago
> when I started in my trade computers did not exist. But they came
> along and I adapted. Things change. Some of us adapt. Some of us just
> complain. Over and over.

so you are bored and have nothing else to do than suck and adopt?
fine for you, but don't call others "zealots"

there are well justified changes and there are worthless ones
change for the sake of change is worthless

these "zealots" have other things do, be it to test updates, give
feedback, test upstream dev-versions long before they hit Fedora

since they day has only 24 hours waste there time with useless
changes means something else has no time left

example?
mod_security 2.8 was here in production before the Fedora maintainer
even knew that it will be released by working with upstream as well
as the fixes for mod_security and / Apache 2.4 / mod_remoteip are
tested by me and the latter explained in many hours why they need
to be done for the sake of security

everytime somebody bothers me with useless changes to adopt that
time is missing for such tasks