dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 21 18:15:14 UTC 2014

Am 21.06.2014 19:57, schrieb Phillip T. George:
> Its reasonable to follow industry practices in regards to safety.  To remove a common safety and require humans to
> be intelligent all of the time is an excellent way to introduce (more) chaos into the system.  Sounds like an
> off-list discussion needs to take place.

Fedora perfers to throw away that existing safety and sell after enough
damage has happened and enough users complained the comeback of that
safety as new feature for Fesora 24/25, that's hwat happens with all
the new improved replacments, only too few people remember that many
of the follow-up improvements worked years before and got killed by
"making things better"

surely, 5 years after DNF repladed YUM you can got out and propose
that the new DNF version improves things by prevent such damage
but accept that users with expierence over years will laugh about
that and refer to some of my posts!

smart development would not gave me a single reason to complain
about such basics ignored and even close bugreports

"Second, when you enter a command to remove a package and it comes back
and lists hundreds of dependencies" is *censored* - "df remove rpm-libs"
don't list hundrets of packages - have fun to recover a system if
someone uninstalelled rpm - have fun asking the user why he did say
"yes" and confirmed it

the user will tell you "because such damage was not possible in the
past and some arrogant developers sold steps backward in the
development as a improvement"