dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 03:38:18 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 12:29 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Is there anyone working on a protected packages plugin for Dnf?  In
> the past, it has helped users avoid trashing their systems due to bugs
> in package-cleanup and so on.  So it is not just the command line
> users of the direct tools we need to be concerned about.

+1

I agree that it doesn't need to be part of the DNF core, but a plugin
would be really nice. It's just a safety measure and while we,
relatively seasoned users, are aware that we need to be really careful
when removing packages, a lot of novice users aren't - I've seen quite a
few cases in #fedora over the years where novices didn't check the
transaction report and lost critical packages.

If there isn't an RFE filed already, I could go ahead and file one.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!