dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 23 16:14:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 08:51:51 -0700,
  "Gerald B. Cox" <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:
>This has got to be the silliest thing I've ever seen, but whatever.
>You enter the command dnf remove dnf, and guess what?  It removes dnf.
>You enter the command dnf remove kernel, and guess what, it removes
>the kernel.  What a concept, it does what you tell it to do.

Try yum update when the oldest installed kernel (and the running
kernel) is the only one that works and there is a new (still broken for
your system) kernel update available. In that case one really wouldn't
expect the running kernel be removed. Having to remove a specific kernel before
doing an update (to make sure the wrong one wasn't removed) would be
a pain.