comps categories: are they any use to anyone any more?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 16:42:31 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-22 at 18:43 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > on the other hand, there's a clear overlap with 'environment groups'. it
> > seems like we kinda have one type of group too many. :P
> >

> environments is something you can install, categories is not, they fit
> different a purpose

Yeah, you're probably right. In that case we should probably explain the
difference somewhere - are you aware of anywhere it's currently written
down? There are no comments in the comps.xml files, no documentation in
comps.git, and the text on https://fedorahosted.org/comps is extremely
outdated. I'm happy to update that if someone can give me the necessary
privileges...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey