dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Mon Jun 23 17:26:03 UTC 2014

On 23/06/14 17:51, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> Not withstanding the fact that:
> 1.  You have to be in root mode to invoke
> 2.  It lists everything it is going to do, and you have to explicitly say YES.

Assuming that it will always wants a "yes" to confirm, people will pretty fast get used to
it and automatically type "yes".

Also such protection is pretty much standard, see debians apt for example if
you, for whatever reason, accidentally want to remove important packages:

> WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
> This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
>   base-files bash
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 28 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> After this operation, 2,355 MB disk space will be freed.
> You are about to do something potentially harmful.
> To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
>  ?]

A package system exists to help people maintaining their systems, not to educate them. It
shouldn't carelessly destroy the system.

 jm2c
 Sven