dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 23 17:32:07 UTC 2014

Am 23.06.2014 19:21, schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 19:07 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>> yes - simply because the chance that soemone wants to uninstall all
>>> kernels, yum, dnf and finalyl rpm itself is very low
>>
>> You still did not give a simple case why someone with some sanity left
>> would do "yum remove rpm" or "yum remove yum" ...
>
> One thing I've seen a few times at the time Yum didn't have that
> protection was « I don't do development, so I can remove Python »
>
> It did lead to a few people not having Yum installed any more

way easier - dependecies

it's not always obvious why some package is installed
many times packages get installed by package errors
many times packages are no longer used because the
consumer switched to a different library

without that protection any "what is that, i don't need it"
and try to remove it brings the danger to ruin the setup

the protections lead to - oh, i don't need it but the system does