dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Mattia Verga mattia.verga at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 23 17:35:55 UTC 2014

Il 23/06/2014 19:14, Gerald B. Cox ha scritto:
> <Sigh> A gun doesn't require you to go into root mode before using it;
> and it doesn't ask you if you are sure before you pull the trigger.

In my example this was exactly the case. I am the root, childrens are
users. And yes, it asks you if you're sure to pull the trigger, that's
exactly the scope of safety lock.

> This is akin to having "Caution - May contain nuts" on a bag of
> peanuts, "Contents may be hot" on a cup of coffee.  I guess we're now
> suppose to assume that Fedora Users have ZERO common sense.

No one is fault proof.
What's wrong in trying to avoid things that can completely broke the
system and in 99.99% will be never required by users?

If yum history showed that a protection for critical packages is useful
and appreciated by the majority, why the yum replacement shouldn't
implement that protection saying it's unuseful?