dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 23 17:41:17 UTC 2014

Am 23.06.2014 19:36, schrieb Chris Adams:
> Once upon a time, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> said:
>> without that protection any "what is that, i don't need it"
>> and try to remove it brings the danger to ruin the setup
>
> And the protection is already there - the list of dependent packages
> that will be removed, followed by a confirmation request that you really
> want to do that

expeting that every user knows every package and can make
taht decision for sure is naive - after many years working
with Fedora i know most packages which are installed on
systems i maintain

guess why - because until now i could trust the operating
systems not let me uninstall important ones - if every
second try to get rid of unused packages lead in a
destroyed setup i would have stopped try to learn more
about the system and clean it up yeas ago