dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:14:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM, drago01 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Reindl Harald  wrote:
>>
>> yes - simply because the chance that soemone wants to uninstall all
>> kernels, yum, dnf and finalyl rpm itself is very low
>
> You still did not give a simple case why someone with some sanity left
> would do "yum remove rpm" or "yum remove yum" ... that makes no sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense. Accidents happen. Let me help you
answering your question.

Why is there a protection for rm -fr?
It might come handy when you use rm in a script and its argument is
some variable that accidentally resolves to /

Or perhaps you were typing
rm -fr /path/to/bad/file
but your pinky accidentally hit ENTER at the wrong time.

Now you should be able to think of simple cases for yum or rpm yourself. :)

Orcan