dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:36:58 UTC 2014

On 24 June 2014 10:31, Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de> wrote:
> you need to unlock the gun before you can shoot in your foot...
> ...and modern systems ask you up to four, five times

How many different locks does a gun have? Last time I checked there
was one safety catch -- DNF asks you for 'y/N' confirmation with a
HUGE list of packages to be removed. If you're not sure whether
removing systemd or glibc is a bad idea, perhaps having root access
isn't the best plan in the world. There are _so_ _many_ _ways_ to hose
your system with root access, I really don't think we can or should
baby-proof just one low level command.

Richard