dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Jon Kent jon.kent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:49:28 UTC 2014

Been reading this for a while and I'm getting annoyed by the 'you should
know what you are doing' mob. There can be no reason not to have safe
guards in dnf to save you from the oh sh#t moments. Everyone has those at
some time and those who are learning Linux need these guards to avoid them
trashing their system. Everyone starts from a little knowledge base and we
should (must) take that on-board.

It's irrelevant whether yum does or doesn't have this. If dnf is the new
and improved then it should have these from the off else what's to gain
from an end SAs point of view.  No point in just creating a like-for-like
replication.  Make it better and safer or don't bother.

Jon