dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 24 10:11:22 UTC 2014

Am 24.06.2014 12:05, schrieb Dridi Boukelmoune:
> Because I totally agree with you and IIRC this kind of stuff has been
> added over time in yum. Also IMHO some of those features are very
> fedora/el specific, and allows yum to work only on fedora and
> downstream distros. Yum expects the kernel rpm to be named "kernel",
> which is tied to how Fedora packages kernels

that's not entirely true, otherwise it won't work the way it
does on Rawhide with only "kernel-core" installed, it's pretty
sure a matter of rpm-provides and in that case any distribution
cae name the kernel-package "linux" as long it provides kernel
in it's metadata

[root at rawhide ~]# yum remove kernel
Skipping the running kernel: kernel-core-3.16.0-0.rc1.git4.1.fc21.x86_64
No Packages marked for removal