dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Sergio Pascual sergio.pasra at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:43:04 UTC 2014

> On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 11:45 +0200, Thomas Bendler wrote:
> >         On 24 June 2014 10:31, Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>
> >         wrote:
> >         > you need to unlock the gun before you can shoot in your
> >         foot...
> >         > ...and modern systems ask you up to four, five times
> >
> >         How many different locks does a gun have? Last time I checked
> >         there
> >         was one safety catch -- DNF asks you for 'y/N' confirmation
> >         with a
> >

> > ​Three safety locks the last time I used it. After inserting the
> > magazine I had to load the bullet first, then I had to unlock the gun
> > and then I had to pull the trigger. I don't think that this procedure
> > happens accidentally.
>
> Two of which aren't safety features, but just part of the mechanism how
> a gun can be fired. Because everyone loves car analogies: The safety
> mechanism that keeps your car from moving isn't the tank which can be
> empty or the ignition which can be switched off, or the accelerator
> which you can decide not to push down, but the brakes. Mind that I'm not
> arguing against an additional safety if it can be switched off, but I
> wouldn't miss it either.

We are not taking about the security needed to move the car, we are taking
about the additional security needed
to remove the engine. 99% of the time you don't want to remove the engine,
even if you have the keys of the car.

Seriously, yum already implements this and it's better to have this
additional protection than don't have it.

Sergio