[RFE/ENH] A network bandwidth monitor plugin for NetworkManager
pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:57:08 UTC 2014
We’ll Build A Dream House Of Net - by Dan Williams
Geez, are we done yet?
Not even close! Seriously, there’s more but I’m kinda tired of typing.
Try it out (the final release will be out later this week) and tell us what you think.
*Then tell us what you want*. Don’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling!
Darlingly please take into consideration, if possible. :)
RFE/ENH - NetworkManager
A network bandwidth monitor plugin for NetworkManager - "NetworkManager-nbm",
aka "NetworkManager-kmp(keep my pants)".
- [enh] enable bandwidth usage monitoring
- Support for transfered data amount per configured connection quota
- RFE to provide periodic network traffic statistics and warnings by connection
- RFE: add attribute "limited data" to connection and expose it via API/DBUS
Very well described by Darius Mažeika [reporter]:
It would be very nice to have support for transfered data amount quota/limit in
1. Counter per configured connection, persisting between computer restart,
suspend, shutdown, interface activation and deactivation.
2. Interface to specify quota. When quota is soon to be reached (let's say,
95%), an optional notification could be shown (an icon in traybar, maybe?).
When limit is reached, NM should optionally automatically disconnect the
connection and show a message
3. Interface to view collected data and set/reset counters.
It is possible to extend this wish list, but these functions would cover most
roaming user's with limited network connection needs.
More information about the devel