delta repo data - FTL

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Tue Jun 24 16:44:03 UTC 2014

On 06/24/2014 03:23 PM, Tomas Mlcoch wrote:
> Hi poma,
>
> the short answer is no.
>
> The idea (to have deltas between two repodata) and purpose (be able to gen and apply such deltas) is the same, but the used techniques and ideas are different.
<snip>

So, what will it take to get this into Fedora?  Does DNF/yum already
have the necessary code?  Or is this available as a plugin?  Has the
deltarepo generator been packaged for Fedora?  Can createrepo be
extended to call it at the same time that it generates deltarpms?

I am volunteering to review whatever needs to be reviewed.

Jonathan