Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:46:57 UTC 2014

On 26.06.2014 18:42, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:17:07 +0100
> Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26 June 2014 17:02, Simone Caronni <negativo17 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> +1 from me!
>> If it's a trivial patch then I think it makes sense to just do it.
>>  From someone that touches hundreds of different projects every month,
>> I've found it's better to ask forgiveness than permission :)
> Yeah, but the proposal is talking about when someone is not a
> provenpackager and doesn't have permissions to just apply them. ;(
>
> I'm not sure the entire group of provenpackagers would like to be
> notified of such trivial patches waiting. Is there a group of
> provenpackagers who would be willing to query for and apply these?
I'd assume it would be a group of packagers who would volunteer to do
so. Just to be clear: I'm not a proven packager at this time, but since
I'm proposing this I'd obviously also be happy to help out.
> Another idea that leaps to mind is to add more provenpackagers...
> have we set the bar too high so no one wants to apply?
I guess unless you don't have a real reason to do so (i.e. don't work on
packages which can influence many other components of the distribution),
you don't see an immediate reason to.