setterm impact changed (was: setterm syntax changed)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 16:49:27 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-26 03:03 (GMT-0400) Felix Miata composed:

> On 2014-06-25 23:54 (GMT-0700) Samuel Sieb composed:

>> Felix Miata wrote:

>>>      setterm --background blue --foreground white --bold --blank 59 --store

>>> That moved the error:

>>>      setterm: argument error: --blank

>> Perhaps the on/off argument to --bold is no longer optional?

> Are you sure your question wasn't rhetorical? No error message following
> --bold with on. :-)

New problem. Now that the kernel is no longer putting the display to sleep
and I can start X, I find that setterm command no longer applies only to the
vttys. It's now coloring my Konsoles, which I do not want, and I don't see a
way in the setterm man page to stop it. :-(

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/