Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jun 27 06:58:35 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 08:26 AM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's so great idea for all bugzillas. Some packagers
> prefer to add patches first into upstream then carry a patch for many
> releases.
This consideration actually is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to
bugs. The only thing that counts is Fedora end-user experience, to whom
it's quite irrelevant who fixes a bug.

In other words, if bug affects users, these should be fixed in Fedora
ASAP, no matter how.

> FTBFS bugs are different, I guess it's okay to fix them immediately. It
> can hardly do more harm.
No, they need the same carefulness and same considerations as any other
bug fix.

Ralf