Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jun 27 09:01:12 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 10:46 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 08:58 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> This consideration actually is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to
>> bugs. The only thing that counts is Fedora end-user experience, to whom
>> it's quite irrelevant who fixes a bug.
>
> Is this really true?
It's my personal opinion based on what I would assume to be common
sense, based on a distro's user-side expectation.

End-users are expecting function and bugs they are suffering from to be
fixed, ASAP - Nothing else.

>  I'm under the impression that Fedora also cares
> about sustainable solutions.
Sure. This is the dev-focused perspective. But from an end-user's
perspective, this aspect is widely negligible.

>  These two goals sometimes conflict.
Sure, these occasionally do.

>  They
> have to be weighed against each other, but there is no general rule
> which goal is more important.
As I see it, in practice in Fedora, these conflict, because rawhide
tries to be dev-focused (and end-user unstable), while Fedora N is
end-user focused.

Ralf