Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:48:30 UTC 2014

On 26.06.2014 21:40, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:42:17 -0600,
>  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>>
>> Another idea that leaps to mind is to add more provenpackagers...
>> have we set the bar too high so no one wants to apply?
>
> Trivial bug fixing across the project seems to be a reasonable
> justification for giving out proven packager status. As long as people
> know their limitations so that not too many mistakes get made.
So just to clarify here: the idea behind my proposal is not necessarily
to aid people who often fix large number of small bugs across packages,
for such people it is best if they applied for proven packager status.
What I'm more interested in is improving the situation where a "common"
user comes across this one very annoying bug, decides he wants to help
out and fix it, and then ends up seeing his patch rotting away because
no-one seems to care. Such situations can be frustrating and also
discourage from submitting fixes in the future.

  Sandro