delta rpms - can we turn them off

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 15:26:01 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 09:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>     The fact that Fedora practically forces people to use delta rpm's has
>     rattled my cage for quite a while.
>

> [Snipped]
>
>      --- Does it force you to do them like yum does?
>

> [Snipped]
>
> You keep calling it force while acknowledging it is merely a
> configurable default.
>
> Rahul

It is a hidden default that is not in any man page or documentation.
Yes, I used a poor choice of words.

The problem is, that people keep hiding the configuration, even you just
did it.

<unsnip>
"
Please put
  deltarpm=1
in /etc/yum.conf, at a minimum.  A comment about it would be better.

It would be even better if you put
  deltarpm=0
for the arm builds.
"
</unsnip>

All I'm asking, if this is going to be the default, make it easier for
people to find the configuration so they can change it.

Troy