Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Miloslav Trma─Ź mitr at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 15:50:55 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> - Should this be rawhide only? That would avoid 'trivial' patches that
>   cause a problem from affecting users that aren't as able to debug
>   them.

Probably (or perhaps it could be up to the provenpackager applying the patch, but with rawhide-only being the expected default).  One of the reasons the owner might not have immediately applied the patch is that the situation is more complex than it seems (though in that case commenting on the bug report would have been desirable), so we should be somewhat careful about shipping changes preapred by non-experts to end-users.  Restricting to rawhide would give us more time and freedom to discover and fix undesirable side effects, if any.
    Mirek