delta rpms - can we turn them off

Jon jdisnard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:14:52 UTC 2014

I personally tend to agree with Troy.

We should consider defaulting to disable delta rpm at most, and at
least comment the configs, or make things intelligent.

For me, it takes longer to process delta rpm files than to download
the actual full rpm, even on high end systems, or low end.

I suppose in a way this goes back to the flame fest about the package
updater knowing about network conditions.

* With great network conditions, downloading full rpm might be optimal
to the deltas.
* With poor network conditions, deltas might be nice, but perhaps not
with low end computer.

-Jon