delta rpms - can we turn them off

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:34:06 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Andre Robatino
<robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <metherid <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> All that being said, what is the criteria for getting a default
>> configuration line put into yum.conf?
>> I'd really like to get the deltarpm= line put in there.
>>

>> File a bug report in yum bug tracker or Red Hat bugzilla against yum as
> the component.  Do the same for dnf
>
> More generally, all existing options should have a commented line in the
> config file. In fact, this should probably be true for all config files in
> all packages. Not all packages have special man pages for their config
> files, like yum and dnf do [...]

Well they should (or have some other source of documentation) ... the
config file isn't really the right place for documentation, given
that it does not get updated once you have edited it once ... you will
miss new options / changed semantics that way.