Unresponsive maintainer: kanarip

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 08:36:11 UTC 2014

Dne 30.6.2014 10:23, Christopher Meng napsal(a):
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Actually, bouncing his email address is one think, but it would be nice if
>> Kanarip can take care about his packages. Looking at Koji [1], it is more
>> then one year since he did his last build of any package. He has not touched
>> any of his Ruby packages in more than 2 years. These pacakges should be
>> reassigned to people who do the actual work ....
> Yes but I haven't seen anyone's request to take them over.

That is just partial true. I tried it 3 years ago. At that time, Kanarip
responded, so it was over of that call, but nothing changed with regard
to his packages ... and I'd rather spent my time maintaining that
packages then following non-responsive maintainer policy.

> Seems Kanarip only concerns about the kolab packages now:
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/libkolabxml.git/tree/libkolabxml.spec#n305

And even the line you are referencing was cherry-picked from suse and
was not committed by him [2].

Vít

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-June/152911.html
[2]