Attention: rpm 4.12-alpha build bug

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Jun 30 12:35:03 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 02:04 PM, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> Executive summary: a bug in package generation of rpm 4.12, presumably
> related to hardlinked files has been spotted. I've untagged 4.12 while
> we're investigating, some packages might need a rebuild because of this.
> If you haven't built packages for rawhide today, you can probably stop
> reading.
>
> e2fsprogs-1.42.10-4.fc21 (builder/owner cc'd) is known to be slightly
> broken because of this and I've untagged that as well, a rebuild will be
> needed. Other packages (less than two dozen or so) *might* be affected
> if you've built something for rawhide in the last four hours or so, but
> the exact issue is not known yet so dont know...

The bug was on handling of multiple interleaved hardlinked sets of files
within package. Not the most common situation but not impossibly rare
either. Packages which dont have hardlinked files do not need rebuilds
for this, otherwise it depends on the exact contents.

Fixed in rpm-4.11.90-0.git12844.2.fc20.

	- Panu -