Patches for trivial bugs sitting in bugzilla -> trivial patch policy?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Jun 30 17:46:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:12:06PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 30.06.2014 19:06, schrieb Till Maas:

> > If he just writes that he disagrees with me, I agree with you. But
> > highlighting that he disagreed with me many times in the past is
> > personal and has no relevance to whether or not comments should be added
> > to patches in SPEC files.
>
> but it remains *far away* from personal attacks
> if people want to be insulted they will find a reason....

Either it is a personal attack or not. You agreed the statement was
personal (at least starting your sentence with "but" implies agreement
to me) and IMHO it is clear that he was not supporting me, so all
conditions for a personal attack are fulfilled. It does not say anything
about the severity of the attack. Nevertheless, I would like to enjoy
factual discussions here. The Wikipedia page regarding personal attacks
withing their project summaries it nicely in the first two sentences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_personal_attacks
| Do not make personal attacks anywhere in Wikipedia. Comment on
| content, not on the contributor.

Regards
Till