Audacious 3.5 copr builds

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 15:02:52 UTC 2014

On 01.03.2014 12:21, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> With the help of the Fedora Copr Project [1] I've made available
> builds of  Audacious 3.5-alpha1  for Fedora 20 and Rawhide:
>
>   https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mschwendt/audacious-next/
>
> On the way to Audacious 3.5 the Plugin API is incompatible with the older
> Audacious in F20 already, so don't hope for being able to install prebuilt
> non-free plugin packages since you will face unresolvable dependencies.
>
> As always, whether and when to continue with this next Audacious in the
> official Rawhide (F21 development) repo, depends on feedback, further
> testing and upstream changes.

Audacious 3.5 ready for testing
http://audacious-media-player.org/news/27-audacious-3-5-ready-for-testing

Removed features

In this release cycle, there were also many changes intended to make the
software easier to maintain in the future. The plugin API has been
cleaned up and simplified. D-Bus support has been migrated from
dbus-glib to the newer GDBus library. libaudgui has been expanded to
replace some of the functions that were deprecated in GTK+ 3.10. As a
consequence of these changes, a few features from previous releases are
no longer supported:

    MPRIS 1.0 support has been removed. MPRIS 2.0 has been supported
since Audacious 3.2.
    libaudclient is no longer included with Audacious because it is tied
to the older dbus-glib library. Existing copies of libaudclient will
still work with Audacious 3.5.
    MIDI playback to hardware synthesizers via ALSA is no longer
supported. MIDI files can still be played in Audacious using FluidSynth
(a software synthesizer).

Go Audacious go! :)

poma