default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Mar 1 19:24:59 UTC 2014

On Mar 1, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:

> As far as I know inode64 is not really a problem on NFS anymore, which
> is why I did not raise this as an issue at all (I use NFS and I have a
> 6TB XFS filesystem with inode64).

What I'm not certain of, is if the fix was entirely on the server such that old NFSv3 client don't run into this problem with relatively recent Fedoras? Or does it also require updated clients?

Since the work around is kinda esoteric, we should make sure our target users (guided partitioning) don't run into it even if their clients are running older clients (within reason). With 5TB drives, and guided install permitting the selection of multiple devices, it's easy to create decently large storage

Chris Murphy