default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

James Harshaw jwharshaw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:59:00 UTC 2014

In a side note, there have been *some* attempts at adding shrink
compatability to xfs, but none of them seem to developed or even complete.

Shrinking in my experience is extremely important. Having unexpected growth
in the / partition with no ability to make room for it can be a major issue
as this has happened to one of my servers and it was not a pretty
situation.