default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Mar 1 23:38:50 UTC 2014

On Mar 1, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2014 22:55, schrieb poma:
>> On 27.02.2014 01:33, Josef Bacik wrote:
>>
>>> Just popping in here to say that btrfs is not ready to be default in Fedora
>>> yet.  Optional is fine but not default.  Thanks,
>>>
>> This is actually a good news.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Now all we need is fair support in the installer.
>> BTRFS as alternative scheme:
>> +1 "F-Server"
>> +1 "F-Workstation"
>
> one of the BTRFS maintainers explains is is *not* ready
> and you start "we need" in context of BTRFS? strange logic

Josef said it's not ready to be default. Poma suggested making it available as an alternate to whatever the default is, which is consistent with how Fedora has been for three releases. His suggestion is still fewer permutations than the partition scheme outcomes in Fedora 20; and is about the same or on par with Fedora 18/19, but still one more than oldui.

Chris Murphy