Major release number bump is lower than beta for html5lib module.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 02:39:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 11:05 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
> > yes it is a hack but better than fake version numbers to
> > satisfy RPM and that is *the* reason epoch exists at all
>
> +1
>
> That Ubuntu-style apples-101.reallyoranges versioning is misleading and
> against Fedora packaging guidelines.

Yeah, I'd agree with Harald and Kevin in this case: 1.0-0.2.999 is a
horrible version string, I wouldn't have recommended it even if it had
been possible. This kind of situation really is the one in which it *is*
correct to use Epoch - when upstream versioning goes backwards, and
upstream cannot change it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey