GSoC feedback.

Vidhun Vinod xvidun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:29:35 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,
I'm currently working on refining the GSoC idea "Infrastructure for
FreeMedia group". I've worked out some key points for this. It would be
nice if I could get some suggestions and feddback on this so that I can
work on making my proposal.

Key Points:

Required actors:
1> General (non members)
2> Volunteers / donors (member)
3> Receivers / Acceptors (member)
4> Admin

1. General:
    - Have no account on site, therefore cannot make request or volunteer.
    - They can however, view list of scopes, volunteers, volume
transacted(successful media's) etc.
    - Make a donation to a particular volunteer.

2. Volunteers:
    - A volunteer can also be an acceptor (probably for a different scope).
    - Mark to volunteer for a scope (can be multiple).
    - Sorted list of all receiver requesting for a scope the volunteer is
checked to.
    - Sorting is done using the source and destination address to calculate
a distance matrix using the Google Maps Distance
Map<https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/distancematrix>api
and sort       based on shortest distance.
    - Ability to view receivers reason for request, just so that the
receiver can decide who he needs to send to.

3. Receivers:
   - A receiver can also be a volunteer.
   - Can request and receive a particular scope ONCE.
   - Have to specify the reason for the request, (how are you going to make
use of thiS? [optional]
   - Track the shipments. [open for discussion, have been Googling this for
a while now for the required tracking api's].
   - Mark and let the volunteer know that a particular scope is received.
   - Make a donation or just say thanks.
   - Request admin for a new scope.

4. Admin:
   - Make new scopes.
   - View statistics, like request unattended, sent items etc.
   - Manage user requested scopes.

Other points:
Would it help, if it was possible to make anyone(member) make a scope
anytime without the approval from the admin, although more priority can be
given to admin generated scope.

Thanks for your time.

Regards.