State of Python 3 as default in Fedora

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 16:15:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Miro HronĨok <mhroncok at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just published a blogpost that summarizes what's going on with Python
> 3 as default in Fedora.
>
> You can find it here:
>
> http://eng.hroncok.cz/2014/02/12/python3-fedora-default/
>
> Feel free to post any comments on my blog or here on the mailing list(s)

Basic process question: do existing packages that currently offer only
Python 2 support, but for which upstream has subsequently added Python 3
compatibility, follow the normal new package / full review process if
you're adding Python 3 support as a subpackage to the existing spec file?
(I'm working on python-rdflib at the moment, which fits this criteria).

I would assume so, but didn't find an explicit statement one way or another
in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python . As I suspect this will
be a common case with a push for Python 3 as default, I'll be happy to add
a corresponding statement to that page.