Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2014-03-05)

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:54:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 15:50:37 +0100,
>   drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> For instance we named a release "beefy miracle" and that might have
>> been offensive for some people (ex. in India)., but
>> apparently no one cared enough to "officially" complain.
>

> That depends on what you mean by official. I believe this issue got raised
> for the board.

OK I seem to have missed that.

> But the issue was raised close to the release, which may have
> tilted the decision toward keeping the name.

Really? Changing a name has way less of an effect then removing a
package (ok removing the package was the "last resort") but still.

But anyway my point was rather we have been inconsistent in enforcing
this "rule" anyway because everyone else have different opinions on
what "offending" means (see Matthews reply) ... so trying to come up
with a definition wouldn't really work because some people would be
well ... offended ... by the definition of "offended" ... so lets not
open this can of worms.