F20 Self Contained Change: Snapshot and Rollback Tool

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Mar 6 23:52:36 UTC 2014

On Mar 6, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:

>> Other developers: OS Installer Support for LVM Thin Provisioning
>> Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
>> Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
>>
>> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/InstallerLVMThinProvisioningSupport
>

> I this project dead?  I'm casting about to tools to manage lvm snapshots and roller-derby sounded promising.  Any other tools out there?

There's a recent snapshot/rollback thread on the desktop list that relates to this. LVM thin provisioning support is in the Fedora 20 installer (it fails to produce a bootable system, the post-install fix for which is listed in Fedora 20 common bugs).

However, if OSTree is used, then there isn't a hard requirement on either LVM Thin Provisioning or Btrfs.

Chris Murphy