Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2014-03-05)

H. Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 7 09:59:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I don't think that worrying about perpetuating offensive stereotypes
is specifc to the US, we have similar controversies in Europe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banania#Controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet#Controversies

Anyway, the line between what is acceptable and unacceptable in Fedora
should be that no one should be offended by something that directly
refers to him or his origins in a negative or hurtful way.
I have no opinion about the Cherokee logo, as an European citizen, it
looks to me very innocent (a little child playing) but if it offends
native americans, it should be fixed anyway.

my 2 cts,
H.