Proposal: Don't show applications in the software center with XPM icons

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Mar 7 14:08:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 13:19 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> says who?
>
> as long GTK1 is not forbidden in Fedora there is no valid
> reason for that statement - you may prefer not having a
> function at all if it is not beautiful enough for you
>
> *but*
>
> * beautiful is in the eye of the beholder
> * you should hestitate make such proposals based on your eyes

Microsoft, Apple, and Google set requirements that apps must follow if
they want to appear in the software center in order to ensure a good
user experience. I absolutely think we need to do the same to be
competitive. Ancient icons are a good heuristic that the app is
unmaintained and not something the user really wants to install.