F20 Self Contained Change: Snapshot and Rollback Tool

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Mar 7 17:04:02 UTC 2014

On 03/07/2014 09:10 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2014, at 6:31 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Orion didn't mention /home, and Roller Derby doesn't directly address it either.  Both yum-plugin-fs-snapshot and snapper can, but snapshots coincide with system updates. More useful is a regularly timed snapshot of the user's home, .e.g. hourly with age based clean-up.

I'm actually not that interested in tying in with yum updates etc.  I'm just
looking for a tool that might help with managing LVM snapshots in general -
and specifically for managing snapshots of VMs.  Something I could perhaps say
have take a snapshot every X hours and keep the latest Y snapshots.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com