qt-creator arm build timing out

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 22:49:55 UTC 2014

On 03/08/2014 11:15 PM, Sandro Mani wrote:
> On 08.03.2014 23:10, Kalev Lember wrote:
>> On 03/08/2014 10:50 PM, Sandro Mani wrote:
>>> Argh, it timed out again [1]. Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Try reducing the debuginfo level for arm. C++ code sometimes leads to
>> massive debuginfo which could be gigabytes in size. Tuning it down
>> should reduce both the build time and the memory requirement.
>>
>> This is how it's done for webkitgtk:
>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/webkitgtk3.git/tree/webkitgtk3.spec#n102
>>
> Thanks, giving it a go.

I checked the build.log for the new qt-creator build you've kicked off
and it doesn't seem to have picked up the new flags. I wouldn't be
overly surprised if qmake has the optimization flags built in and they
cannot be changed without rebuilding qmake.

Try if you can catch rdieter on irc, I am sure he knows how to change /
if it's possible to change the flags qmake uses.

--
Kalev