Per-Product Config file divergence

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:10:51 UTC 2014

At last week's FESCo meeting, the fact that Products desired to have
divergent configuration was briefly touched on.  On Thursday, a few FPC
members had a brainstorming session about it and on Friday, sgallagh and
that brainstorming continued with sgallagh, adamw, tflink, notting, and
myself.  We came up with a tentative idea here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio/Product_Divergence_(config)

The idea is to allow config file divergence via the alternatives system as
that already provides us with a commandline tool and some structure to build
on.  We'd still have to write a few pieces to complete the picture but it
seemed to be a better starting point than using rpm Conflicts between
config-packages.

Anyone have thoughts on this potential path?

-Toshio