Per-Product Config file divergence

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 10 17:22:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:09:43 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What will fedup updates of Fedora 20 look like? Would there be a
> > flag, e.g. --product cloud/workstation/server? If not specified do
> > we fail, or is there a default?
> >
> > Or is this getting too far ahead of things?
> >
> The default should be whatever product was installed onto the system
> originally.  Going from Fedora 20 to a Product in F21 is probably a
> one-off but I'm not sure what that should look like.  I could be
> totally wrong but I believe that each of the Products will have their
> own install image.  With that in mind, fedup might need a one-off bit
> of UI to ask which Product image you want to use.  That image would
> then set the Product on the disk accordingly.

Or we could simply say that fedup doesn't upgrade from a non product to
a product. You have to re-install or use a manual method to do that
(some yum/dnf commands, etc).

We need to consider this case also for someone who installs Fedora, but
not one of the products (a spin, or a custom kickstart or whatever) who
then wants to install a product.

kevin