Per-Product Config file divergence

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:18:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>  2) If we allow switching between products, we probably have to treat
> the entire Product configuration of a package as a single unit.

ok.

> Edits to somefile.conf would change whatever's on the other end of the
> link. The alternatives system would change this linkage, to another
> version, but switching it back will give you your edits, not just the
> original defaults.

If this is what we do, then the target of that link must be marked in
the rpm packages as %conf, regardless of where it resides.

For an approach like this, which I'm not yet sure I like, I'd consider
putting some effort on improving alternatives. It's never been used
for editable targets afaict.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions