Per-Product Config file divergence

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 11 12:21:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:27:12AM +0100, Matthias Runge wrote:
> > For cloud, the answer is "start with the new image", or else "okay then,
> > you're on your own". But cloud has a big luxury of being the easy case
> > in this regard.
> What about folks trying to move their server from the server product
> into the cloud?

In my thinking, Fedora Server which happens to be running in a cloud
environment is Fedora Server, not Cloud. This is using a cloud provider as
an overly-complicated and expensive hosting provider, which it turns out
many people want to do, but it's not really cloud computing. That's the same
whether you start with Fedora Cloud and take the adopt-your-cattle route, or
if you start with a physical or virtual machine and migrate it.