F21 Self Contained Change: Security Policy In The Installer

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 11:47:29 UTC 2014

> There are many known tips and tricks how to make a system more secure, often
> depending on the use case for the system. With the OSCAP Anaconda Addon [1]
> and the SCAP Security Guide [2] projects, we may allow users choosing a
> security policy for their newly installed system.
>
> What is the proposed default configuration/policy?

FWIW WRT to scap-security-guide content there's only one (common) profile
at the moment. But it depends on the target group / volume / spin we would like
this to be by default part of -- once this is clear in that case the profile can
be adjusted / modified to prefer / select by default just rules intended for the
target group of that system (e.g server rules for the server WG, cloud rules
for the cloud WG etc.).

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Technologies Team