F21 Self Contained Change: Security Policy In The Installer

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Mar 14 15:00:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 09:25:16AM -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:

> I disagree with this assessment.  The workstation is exactly where much of these hardening needs to take place.  I can't see an installation that wouldn't benefit from this feature.

If there's a default policy that would make sense for most workstation
users, we should just make that the default. If there isn't, how are we
going to educate users as to which choice they should be making? *I*
don't understand the terms used in the proposed UI, so I'd be willing to
put money on the number of potential users who do being pretty close to
statistically indistinguishable from 0.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org