Configurable version of suexec in Debian but not Fedora?!

Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:16:27 UTC 2014

So a friend of mine has been wrangling with suexec trying to configure it
for his needs, and he has become quite furious over the fact that suexec
isn't configurable.

Then he finds out that Debian actually has a version of suexec[1] that lets
you use a conf file to configure suexec. My question is, why the heck isn't
this in Fedora? How is it that Debian can offer both versions[1][2], but
Fedora cannot?

I'm honestly surprised that Fedora doesn't offer this little piece of
flexibility. I would think that this would be in Fedora and RHEL, because
of how useful this would be. So what's going on here?

[1]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/apache2-suexec-custom
[2]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/apache2-suexec-pristine